California Employer Resources Safety Webinar
|CD Recording Only
In response to the deaths of seven workers tragically killed in confined space incidents last year in California, Cal/OSHA has just launched a new Confined Space Special Emphasis Initiative and Hazard Alert.
Cal/OSHA will most likely be allocating increased resources, including inspections, to employers whose workplaces have confined space risks. Now is the time to prepare for the increased scrutiny—before the inspector shows up unannounced at your front door with clipboard in hand.
Join us for an in-depth webinar, specifically for California employers, all about the new initiative—and how to properly prepare for it. You'll learn:
- The full details of the new Cal/OSHA Confined Space Emphasis Program Initiative and Hazard Alert
- What you can expect as a result of this new initiative
- Which industries will likely be receiving the most scrutiny -- and inspections
- How to perform a comprehensive assessment to identify and classify all confined spaces at your facility
- The critical elements that must be included in a best-in-class confined space program
- How to develop an effective rescue strategy that does not put the rescuers at risk
- Best Practices for confined spaces, with a focus on supervisory, entrant, and attendant responsibility
- How to ensure that your confined space entry and rescue training program is compete
- Confined space permitting and documentation best practices
About your Speaker:
Scott Boston is an environmental health and safety professional with 28 years' experience in the management, development, and implementation of environmental and occupational health and safety programs, policies and procedures in a wide variety of manufacturing, industrial and commercial facilities, multi-site institutions and local government.
His environmental, health and safety background includes the development of management programs to ensure regulatory compliance and conformance with industry-specific standards.
Boston has extensive experience in conducting compliance and conformance audits associated with air quality, stormwater, wastewater, hazardous and solid waste permits in a wide variety of industries. Boston currently serves as Corporate Health & Safety Manager and Corporate Radiation Safety Officer for Haley & Aldrich.
This webinar qualifies for Continuance of Certification (COC) credit for CSPs, who will earn 0.15 COC points for attending this webinar.
How Do Webinars Work?
A webinar is remarkably cost-effective and convenient. You participate from your office, using a regular telephone and a computer with an Internet connection. You have no travel costs and no out-of-office time.
Plus, for one low price, you can get as many people in your office to participate as you can fit around a speakerphone and a computer screen.
Because the conference is live, you can ask the speakers questions—either on the phone or via the webinar interface.
You will receive access instructions via e-mail several days before the event. You don't need any additional materials before the webinar starts. Your conference materials will be available for you to view, print, and download when you log in to participate in the event.
Why You Can Sign Up To Attend This Event with Confidence
As with all California Employer Resources products, you're completely
protected. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with this webinar,
simply let us know and we will return your entire registration fee.